Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement:
We are open for business and thank you for your support in these difficult times.
The well-being of our customers and staff is our highest priority so of course, we will continue to adhere to the very latest advice provided by the UK Government, NHS, the HSE and the World Health Organisation.
- We are still providing a full range of health and safety services – all with appropriate safety controls in place to protect you, and our staff.
- If you want an on-site inspection or visit, please call us.
- We are also conducting meetings using mobiles and video links such as Zoom.
If you have any specific health and safety requirements or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us:
020 8406 5039 (9am to 5pm)
Safety is the Key Ltd is led by Shabbir – a passionate health and safety professional. For over 30 years, the team has helped a range of small to medium businesses implement Simple, Sensible, Safety.
With an engineering background, Shabbir fell into health and safety after many years working as a maintenance technician in a sausage factory. Workplace accidents were common there and one day, being one of the few engineers left with ten fingers, he was asked to become the factory Health and Safety Officer.
Thirty years on, he still has ten fingers (!) and, as Director of Safety is the Key Ltd, he and his team have helped thousands of businesses implement what he calls Simple, Sensible Safety in order to:
help avoid workplace accidents and incidents;
comply with H&S legislation;
stay out of trouble with H&S and Fire Inspectors as well as the Insurance assessors;
gain new business by showing high standards of workplace health and safety.
Shabbir and his team’s qualifications and registrations include:
- DipNEBOSH (Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health).
- CMIOSH Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – Number 012794.
- OSHCR (Member of the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register).
- MIIRSM (Member of the International Institute of Risk Safety Management)
- CSCS Card for construction site inspections.
- DBS registered (Disclosure and Barring Service).
- RoSPA Member Number M407704259