Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement:
Firstly, we are open for business and we thank you for your support in these difficult times.
The well-being of our customers and staff is our highest priority so of course we will continue to adhere to the very latest advice provided by the UK Government, NHS, the HSE and the World Health Organisation.
- All staff have been sent home on full pay and are not allowed to carry out any health and safety inspections or visits.
- The director, Shabbir, is continuing to help, support and advise all Clients from his home-office.
- We are still providing a range of health and safety services remotely including H&S advice, questionnaires, accreditations work (i.e. CHAS, Safecontractor and Constructionline), PQQ’s, COVID-19 risk assessments and H&S training sheets etc.
- No site inspections or visits will take place unless it is considered a health and safety emergency.
- We are still conducting meetings using mobiles or video links such as Zoom and WhatsApp video call etc.
If you have any specific health and safety requirements or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us:
020 8406 5039 (10am to 4pm)
It is during times like this that we all need to support independent, local businesses so we thank you for your support, it really does mean a lot to all of us at Safety is the Key.
Safety is the Key is led by Shabbir – a passionate health and safety professional for over 30 years, the Safety is the Key team help a range of small to medium businesses implement Simple, Sensible, Safety.
With an engineering background, Shabbir fell into health and safety after many years working as a maintenance technician in a sausage factory. Workplace accidents were common there and one day, being one of the few engineers left with ten fingers, he was asked to become the factory Health and Safety Officer.
Thirty years on, he still has ten fingers (!) and, as Director of Safety is the Key, he and his team have helped thousands of businesses implement what he calls Simple, Sensible Safety in order to:
help avoid workplace accidents and incidents;
comply with H&S legislation;
stay out of trouble with H&S and Fire Inspectors as well as the Insurance assessors;
gain new business by showing high standards of workplace health and safety.
Shabbir and his team’s qualifications and registrations include:
- DipNEBOSH (Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health).
- CMIOSH Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – Number 012794.
- OSHCR (Member of the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register).
- MIIRSM (Member of the International Institute of Risk Safety Management)
- CSCS Card for construction site inspections.
- DBS registered (Disclosure and Barring Service).